Thursday, January 17, 2008

"The beast which passeth all others in wit and mind."

You know what I love? I love when an elephant goes on a rampage. I’m not talking about an elephant in the wild, I’m talking about those working elephants – the ones in zoos or the circus or the elephants used for transporting people or merchandise. These elephants:




I enjoy hearing when they have turned on the humans who imprison them. If you’ve ever seen video footage of this occurrence it is pretty clear just how pissed off the elephant is. I always wonder what happened to make it snap. Maybe the elephant just woke up one day and realized they were better than the position they found themselves in and the superseding actions were a result of days and weeks of feeling inferior. Or maybe they just want to remind their diminutive wardens of the great strength they do posses and perhaps lapping at their face with a whip isn’t the brightest idea they’ve ever had.
The less amusing part of these elephant rampage stories are when you hear they killed the elephant because they felt threatened by it.