Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Can't Believe I Am Saying This...

So I’m sitting here listening to Britney Spear’s new single, from her recent Blackout CD (no I did not buy it… shame on you!) called “Piece of Me”. It’s over produced and I’m pretty sure it’s not her real voice. It’s clear what it is about: everyone wants a piece of her. Her every move is watched and scrutinized and put on TV or in magazines. This song says she knows exactly what the media is doing to her and doesn’t care what any of us think about her. In fact, you could say, maybe Britney has played us all and is now letting us in on the joke. The more I listen to it, the more I come to realize that I have never liked her or her music… until she went bat shit crazy. Her self destruction is increasing her appeal for me. Not until she fell from the public pedestal did I ever consider her an artist or a person I could enjoy. I mean come on, have you heard “I’m a Slave for You”? *GAGS*

I still think she needs to take a year off and get healthy, and by that I mean get the hell out of Los Angeles because the paparazzi is going to get her killed one of these days. Have you seen the way they swarm her car? Just imagine trying to run out to the store to get some tampons - not only would it take you an hour, it would be front page news the next day: “Jane Smith has her period!”
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I really like this song… and I am cheering her on to come back and make everyone eat their words. If she can come back and reinvent herself after shaving her head, attacking people with umbrellas, talking in an English accent and losing her kids…I bet you Madonna will start talking to her again.

Oh and for those people who bitch about the fact she’s dropped her kids a few times: who the hell hasn’t? Fucking stone throwers…
And how many of you sat on your Mom or Dad’s lap when you were young while they were driving the car? Yeah… you know you did. There just weren’t
50 cameras there to document it.